January Bake It! Club – Sundried Tomato & Cheese Scones

January 27th, 2011 / by / in: Baking / 10 Responses

Yay – The Bake It! Club is back for January! If you don’t know what it is all about pop over to Cooking, Cakes & Children and read all about it! If you love baking and trying new recipes you should definitely take part each month!

I absolutely love scones, they were one of the first things I started to bake when I was younger so I was delighted to see this month’s recipe – sundried tomato and cheese scones! I had never tried to bake a savoury scone before (nor had I ever tasted one believe it or not!).

The recipe was fabulously easy and the scones came out really well. Gary doesn’t normally like sundried tomatoes so I was worried he wouldn’t like them but he thought they were really nice and tasty.

Here are my pictures of the finished articles. We ate them just out of the oven with proper butter (none of this margarine lark) melted on them :). If you fancy making these you can find the recipe HERE!

Mmmm lovely looking scones!

With butter melting on them!

Add a cup of tea = perfect! :)

Bake It! baking club

10 Comments to January Bake It! Club – Sundried Tomato & Cheese Scones

• The GirlNo Gravatar says:

Oh my god they look so good! Quick send one to me quick so I can have it with a cup of tea this morning!

• FeeNo Gravatar says:

These look soooooo good!

Love, love, love savoury scones (and just out of the oven with proper butter sounds amazing) :)..but cannot bake to save my life.

Fee x

• KerryNo Gravatar says:

These look amazing I love cheese scones, but amazingly have never made them as mum makes them so I think I will have to have a go at these xx

• LadyBananaNo Gravatar says:

They look yummy, I should get off my bum and make some!

• emNo Gravatar says:

Oh my. These look amazing.

They'll def be on my list of bakeable's this year.

• rayaNo Gravatar says:

looks very yummy:))

• HelenNo Gravatar says:

Hmm they look so delicious! I bet they would be lovely with some red onion chutney on them.

• AmyNo Gravatar says:

Mmmm… yummy! Thanks for joining in with the club this month, x

• ToyaNo Gravatar says:

Just found your blog, It's got a nice vibe! those look delicious by the way.

• DebbieNo Gravatar says:

These look delish, would be fab with a nice big bowl of soup!

• GilbertoNo Gravatar says:
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Cannot wait to try these .they sound wonderful. I am just haivng a ball making all these great recipes I am finding on this blog and in your book as well as experimenting on my own within the guidelines. I would go with the pine (pignoli) nuts too..but then again I am an Italian who was raised on pignoli nuts which were added to meatballs, tomatoe sauce and many other dishes but I was wondering if I can replace the Romano Cheese with Parmesean cheese instead? How many can you have although I am sure they are very filling and satisfying so one would be enough, correct?