I was tagged in this meme by Kate at Another Goldfish. You can see her answers HERE.
1. If every day tasks were Olympic events what would you get a gold medal in?
Emm… how about sleeping? I love my sleep and could easily sleep 12 hours plus a night.
2. As a child (or now even) did you excel at a particular sport and if so which one?
No. I did quite a few sports: badminton, tennis, swimming, gymnastics etc but I was never great at any of them. And I famously got asked to leave the after-school hockey club as I was too rubbish and never made it onto the team!
3. Michael Phelps (swimmer) or Michael Johnson (runner) – which sport appeals to you more?
Swimming I guess.
4. How fast can you get out of bed and ready to go out the door if miss the alarm and sleep in?
Half an hour if you include feeding the animals at our house zoo.
5. What fantasy sport would you like to see made into an Olympic event?
Well it’s not a fantasy sport, but dog agility? Or what about cat agility? Haha..
6. Claim to fame time – Have you ever met an Olympian and who was it?
One of Gary’s friends from home (N.Ireland) won the 1500m and 800m at the Beijing Paralympics. And yes I have met him.
7. What event in past Olympics can you remember most vividly?
None really. I have a vague recollection of watching the men’s 100m final, but I couldn’t tell you who won!
8. Tuning in at home, not for me or tickets clamped ready in sweaty palms?
Watch at home, but if I was really into sports I can imagine the atmosphere would be brilliant in London. Gary is thinking of heading down to see some of the cycling events that you don’t need tickets for.
9. Who do you think most deserves a gold medal (any walk of life not just Olympians)?
After seeing what a fab job the doctors and nurses did when Gary’s dad was seriously ill, I will copy Kate and say doctors & nurses!
Hmmm… who to tag to continue this meme? Ah…. everyone who reads this and wants to take part! How’s that for a cop-out?!
PS – Have a fab Jubilee Bank Holiday xxx